Bethany does not want to share! - 獨食難肥
We all want our children to learn to share. When I gave the bread to Bethany, I asked her whether she wanted to share it with Mommy. Was it because I was hungry? No. I wanted her to share with me because she loves me. This made me think of our Heavenly Father and our response to His great love.
1) If I really needed to eat bread, I could have bought more from the supermarket. I even had enough money to buy up the inventory on that day! God is the source of everything. He has unlimited time and resources, why does He care about our little sacrifice for Him? Does He really have the need? Or does He hope that we will respond to His love?
2) If I really needed to eat that piece of bread, I could have snatched it from Bethany's hand by force. She is so small and can be easily overpowered. God is omnipotent. One thought or one word is enough to change our lives. If He wanted us to do something, who is strong enough to oppose Him? Yet, His love for us is so great that He gives us total respect. He wants us to choose to love Him and serve Him out of love, not by force.
3) Afterall, wasn't I the one who gave Bethany the bread in the first place? If I really need to eat the bread, I didn't have to give it to her and I could have eaten it myself. All we have, our time, health, family, friends, money, which of these is not a gift from God?
However, our response to God is often like Bethany's. When things are in our hands, we think we have them because we are able, forgetting the grace that had given them to us. We become stingy and do not want to share or reciprocate. Or like Bethany, sometimes we pretend to share, but it's just an act to kid God and kid ourselves. In fact, we hold on to things even more tightly.
I wish you would enjoy this video and that this sharing would speak to your heart. Thank God that we may all learn something from this small baby.
身為父母, 我們都希望孩子懂得分享. 當我把面包粒給思言吃的時候, 我問她要不要給媽媽吃, 是我的肚子餓, 需要吃那丁點兒的面包嗎? 不是的, 我只是多麼的希望她願意和我分享, 表達她對媽媽的愛. 這事讓我想起我們的天父, 以及我們對祂的回應.
1) 假如我真的需要吃面包, 我可以到超市買, 我甚至能把當天的存貨全部買下來. 神是萬有的, 如果祂需要的話, 祂有無窮的時間和資源, 為什麼祂反而在乎我們對祂一點點的奉獻呢? 是祂真的有需要嗎? 還是祂希望我們對祂的愛有回應呢?
2) 假如我真的需要吃那小面包粒, 我可以把它在思言手中強搶回來, 她這麼小, 一定不會是我的對手. 神是萬能的, 如果祂需要的話, 一個意念, 一句說話, 就能把我們的生命完全改寫. 祂定意我們作的, 誰人能比祂強, 可以不作呢? 但是祂的愛偉大到完全尊重我們的地步, 讓我們能自由地選擇愛祂, 事奉祂.
3) 再者, 當初把那面包粒給思言的不是我嗎? 假如我真的需要吃面包, 我大概可以不必給她, 自己先吃好了. 我們所有的一切, 時間, 健康, 家庭, 朋友, 金錢, 哪一樣不是祂先賜予我們的呢?
然而, 我們對神的反應, 往往就如思言一樣 - 當東西到我們手中之後, 我們便以為是因為自己了得, 東西理當是屬於我們的, 反而變得吝嗇, 不會回報, 也不會分享. 也許我們會像思言一樣, 偶爾會騙騙神, 騙騙自己, 裝著要分享的樣子, 但其實卻把東西拿得更緊.
我希望當你看這短片, 歡笑過後會有一點反思. 感謝神, 讓我們能從一個小BB身上學到一點功課.


1 Comments:
Totally agreed with your sharing... being a father also makes me understand more concretely how our Lord loves us... it is sometimes just like (or more than) how we love our children..
Post a Comment
<< Home